Home » Rhetorical Analysis Essay

Rhetorical Analysis Essay

142-16 Bascom Ave

Jamaica, NY 11436

January 31, 2023

Elisabeth von Uhl

160 Convent Avenue

New York, NY 10031

Dear Ms. Elisabeth von Uhl,

My major is computer science and with that, my goal is to just be happy as I get to where I want to be. Progressing to the next chapter of my life, I want to make sure I’m able to develop myself alone without no time wasted. What I think of the person I became so far is okay, but I just know there isn’t a limit for anyone, and it all depends on dedication.  

The reason for me to pursue an engineering major is that the world is turning into an era where it needs all the engineers to help evolve society. Technology is becoming much more advanced than it ever has, and because of that the older generations of society are falling behind. Specifically, what I want to do is cyber security or software engineering. Cyber security mainly because there was a time during 2014-2015 on Christmas something happened. A group that calls themselves ‘Lizard Squad’ shut down servers for gaming services. Everyone who got a new game or console couldn’t play such as me. I want to learn how it was possible and the vulnerability of security from back then. I know hackers or such are always one step ahead of everything, but I want to be on a level that can prevent harm.

I plan to do what I don’t do, rather than actions that hold me back. I no longer want to procrastinate since I want to get a job during this semester and time management must be a trait for me to learn. Finishing all my work on time will also provide me with better grades and makes my schedule clearer for whatever I want to do with the extra time, such as playing video games. I also want to be able to know what the best choices should be, those that will take me the closest to success. Being successful is all I want so I can do almost anything, retiring my parents is my main priority, and living a stable life.

Sincerely,

Randy Barrera | Student

Popular Music, 004

Precalculus, LM2

Development of the U.S. and its People, C

Writing for Engineering, D3